Sometimes you purchase a perfume from Macy’s to realize it is for your style or body type and that is when you start thinking about returning it back.
To face less hassle, knowing about the return policy before buying a fragrance is important. Unfortunately, I have learnt that the hard way.
For you to not face the same returning issue, please read till the end to all the facts about Macy’s and other retailers’ return policy.
Can you return perfume to Macy’s?
Yes, you can return perfume if it is completely new and sealed or slightly used. But it has to be within 90 days from the day you have purchased the prefume from the store or via the website of Macy’s. The perfume will be replaced when you give Macy’s the invoice. And, in online, you will get redeemable points if you have a gift invoice. The perfume must contain the original tag.
Can I return an opened perfume to Macy’s?
Yes, you can return an opened perfume to Macy’s. However, the perfume is accepted if you have only used it gently. You can ask for a refund or exchange the perfume with a different purchase if you do not like the scent or it has an allergic reaction on you.
Here is what you need to return an opened or sealed perfume:
- Invoice is necessary for return: You need to give the invoice, shipment record or packaging details for returning a perfume. Your cosmomer id or email is used to find the details by the virtual customer care, if you lose your invoice. If no credible information if found about your claimed purchase, a consent of a supervisor or a legitimate id Card is needed. In short, most likely, your ask for return will not be accepted.
Have some time to spare? Check out- What Are Perfume Flankers?
- Retuning perfume via mail: The only perfumes that can be returned via mail are those that were purchased online. You should only put items in the container that are listed on your shipping label. If you want to return more than one perfume, separate the scents into separate containers and attach the appropriate replacement order label to each container to ensure a speedy reimbursement. Shipping and delivery fees are non-refundable.
Can you open a perfume and return it to Macy’s?
It depends on which store you have bought your perfume from as they all have different return policies. In most of the store, they are pretty much open to the idea of taking a perfume back from you even if it is opened.
Perfumes can be tricky to like some times. It can a hit or miss. Maybe someone gifted you a perfume and you opened it to take the snif the juice but unfortunately you do not like it.
Luckily, you can return it to the store where it was purchased from if you have the valid receipt. Popular stores like Dillard’s, Sephora, Macy’s and Ulta have very generous perfume return policies.
Keep in mind you need to have the original invoice or gift receipt. Some stores also requires you to have the original box of your oepen perfume. So, do not tear your box or throw it away.
Follow our post on perfume subscriptions ScentBox vs ScentBird
There is always a time frame given of the purchase date when you can return a perfume. Like of the time , itis between 30 to 90 days. Therefore, check the store’s website before going for a return.
It will be more convenient for you if you check the return policy before purchasing a perfume so you already know what you are going to deal with if you try to return the perfume.
And most importantly, try a decand before committing to a full bottle to reduce your hassle to return a fragrance.
Can you return used beauty products to Macy’s?
Yes, you can rertuen used beauty products to Macy’s. You need to gift them the original invoice or gift receipt of the beaty product that you want to return. The used beauty product must be gently used or else it will be taken back from the Macy’s.
The purchase is done from the store, you have to return it to the store and not by the mail. If it is done online, then you can return it either in store or via mail. And also, the used product has to be returned within 90 days of the purchase.
Looking for something different? Then check out our guide on Why Does Perfume Change Color?
When requesting a refund, you can get paid back using the original payment method if you provide an invoice, bank statement, or return label. You will be compensated in online store rewards if you submit the gift invoice, return label, or bridal registration code.
Last but not least, even without a receipt to show that you made your purchase, you can still be eligible for reward points depending on the beauty product’s lowest sale price over the previous six months.
You can also return used beaty products from BOGO (buy one, get one) offer as well. However, each perfume’s return value will be proportionately lessened.
The offer is adjusted to each qualified scent and reflects the lowest priced perfumes’ pricing. when you return a fragrance, you will receive a refund equal to the listed price of the fragrance less the related discounted value.
How strict is Macy’s return policy?
Macy’s retun policy is noy very stirct, therefore, it is easy for you to return your perfumes and makeups if they are not up tp the mark.
Here are the few easy steps you have to follow if you want to return any item in Macy’s:
- Do not take off the original tag: if the tag is still on the product, it will be very easy for you to return any product in there.
- Return within the time period: a specific time period is given in when you have to return the products. Some products like perfumes and beauty products can be returned within 90 days of the purchase and others have 7 days.
- Only gentle use is permitted: you can return a product if it is used gently as well. Opened products are also accepted here.
Quickly check out our post on perfume ads- Why are Fragrance Commercials so weird?
If you do not like a perfume or any other product purchased from Macy’s, do not panic. Make sure the perfume has been used slithgy and you can return it with full refund or online rewards.
Try to check the return policy of the stire before purchasing a perfume so that you face less problem later.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to ask them in the comment section, and I would be happy to answer them.